Subject: No Fixed Points in Space (dhcp used at both ends)
From: Klaus Kruger <kkruger,AT,zippyks-inc,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 06:56:44 +0200

Hello again everyone,

First of all, I want to express thanks for responses to a posting I did
last month
http://sites.inka.de/bigred/archive/cipe-l/2003-03/msg00007.html

It was very helpful although I was somewhat concerned that 1.5.4
w/protocol version 4 didn't compile very cleanly on Redhat 8.0 with all
the latest updates and kernel applied.  In the end though, it's up and
running, proving very reliable and the only complaint I have from my
client is that his computers keep finding and attaching to the Novell
server (IPX) at the other end.

Then the IP address changes at one end or the other and breaks the
connection.  I've created scripts to restart things but was wondering if
ciped or the dhcp client could handle this automatically some way like
the dynamic dns client does.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or is the only solution a static
IP at the server end of the tunnel?

Klaus Kruger
kkruger,AT,zippyks-inc,DOT,com