Subject: CIPE instability
From: "Kim, Sang Dong" <SDoKim,AT,fciconnect,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 02:08:04 +0200

Hi all,

I am one of  user who is using CIPE win32 more than 1 year to connect 10
remote PCs.
and I don't have Linux version of cipe. just I run two win32 cipe on NT and
2K.
But, from the starting, it doesn't show good stability on my ADSL.
I check firewall and both servers stability. but, I can not find any problem
a firewall and server stability.
But, my ADSL lines doesn't have stability. it sometimes happening some
disconnections.
and CIPE didn't back to normal until reboot both of server.
Also have problem using of PCANYWHERE thru the tunnel.
I tried many time to solve this problem but, I can not solve it.
Also, it looks weak from any hackers port scan and some other attack.
easlily die.
need to reboot NT and 2K.
I remembered some other users have same this problem, but, can not have
solution.
And I can not use http connection thru this tunnel. it shows not stable.
will die soon.
So, I did stop most of all services in NT and win2K and  I also changed OS
from NT to 2K. but, no effect. I can not say it is not stable but, if you
don't have stable network then please test over 1 week before use it.
Anyway, unfortunately my manager is changing our structure to H/W firewall
solution from CIPE win32.

Bye,