To: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Subject: Re: Linux <-> Win2k issues
From: "Hans Steegers" <J.Steegers,AT,chello,DOT,nl>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:14:58 +0200
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

VNC CONNECTION:
Your problem with vnc is most likely caused by your firewall: vnc needs icmp
for routing purposes.
When icmp packets type 3 (destination unreachable) are blocked, vnc behaves
as described: It connects, authenticates and the screen stays gray (initial
screen loading..) or disconnects after some time. Allowing ICMP solves this
problem.

Hans Steegers