To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: Linux <-> Win2k issues
From: "Mark Smith" <mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:40:31 +0100

If it's not inappropriate, can I ask - when people reply to messages, can
they send them only to the list please?  I get two copies when messages are
sent to both my address and the list, I'm sure others probably do as well.

In reply,

The VNC connection generates these (output from tcpdump):

13:51:20.052270 starbug.avco > cdc.avco: icmp: starbug.avco unreachable -
need to frag (mtu 1442) [tos 0xc0]

However, this connection works.  My question about about the MTU, which this
specific log entry does indeed mention, might be related to the problem with
the win32 adaptor reporting a higher mtu than it should.  DKW - do you have
any ideas as to if or when a patch might be released with this fixed even if
only in the interim?

--
Mark Smith - Avco Systems Ltd
email: mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk