To: "Cipe list (E-mail)" <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Linux <-> Win2k issues
From: Jake Bullet <jbullet,AT,cats,DOT,meow,DOT,at>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 16:54:45 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Mark Smith wrote:

> My suspicion at this point in time is packet size, either too small, too
> large (ie close to or greater than MTU) or a size mismatch; perhaps the size
> being stored or reported is not the actual size being used, I don't know the
> details.
>
> Please, ask questions if there's some information you want me to provide in
> order to try to resolve this problem.  The vnc connection is the reason for
> setting this whole thing up, so at the very least I could do with that
> working.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Mark Smith - Avco Systems Ltd

I have 2 Win2k clients talking to a Linux Server and I'm trying to route
packets between the 2 clients via the Server.  I have no problems between
the client and server, but when sending packets between the 2 clients via
the server I have exactly the same problems.  Small packets like ping's
and windows network broswering, but try and open a data file, and it just
times out.  Any large data moving connection beyond small packets and it
plain dies.

I am also betting on it being an MTU issue, but I've no idea how to fix
it.

Stephen
KUCS.NET
--
I know engineers. They love to change things. - Dr. McCoy