To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: CIPE & SOCKS
From: "Евгений Фишер" <efisher,AT,mail,DOT,ru>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:40:01 +0400

Dear list members,

we had been successfully using your software (CIPE 1.4.2) for a long time
with the simplest configuration you can imagine.

But, after re-configuration of our network, the CIP-enabled router (one of
two) stands behind a SOCKS server (Dante 1.1.13). No claims should be
directed to the SOCKS server itself, 'cause a whole bunch of other software
(both TCP and UDP) works perfectly well.

Other CIPE-enabled router is still connected directly to Internet, so we have
a dynamic-static pair here.

Options file on the dynamic end contains, among other things:
peer  XXX.XXX.XX.X:2323
socks 192.168.47.2:1080
debug=1

Options file on the static end contains:
peer  127.0.0.1:9
maxerr=-1

When starting CIPED on the dynamic end, it immediately reports segmentation
fault (just after listing variable values). SOCKS reports "eof from client",
respectively.

Can you help in this situation? Can you feed us with a config file which
works through SOCKS?
Any help is very appreciated.

Best regards,
Eugene Fisher