To: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>,"James Yonan" <jim,AT,yonan,DOT,net>
Subject: Re: TAP device driver for Win32
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 11:46:12 -0300
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

I mentioned this to the TUN/TAP guys like three years ago. There appeared to
be some interest but it quickly disappeared.

The driver is structured to be completely generic, i.e. there is no CIPE
specific processing going on in the driver. There are certain behaviours
that the usermode bit must support because the devices are emulated
Ethernet devices. Thing like MAC and ARP processing must be handled
in usermode.

There is no CVS. The source is the most up to date source. The device driver
is very settled code with the one major issue being the suspend/hibernate
bug.

DKW