To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Interesting question
From: Rodolfo Saccani <rsa-ml,AT,ssisrl,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 15:53:49 +0200

I have an interesting test for your minds, skills and knowledge  :)

I am using from a long time a cipe connection from a natted host to a host on
a public ip address. The natted host is on a satellite link, but it's
connected to an ip modem that incorporates a router, so it is just a natted
host with a private ip address. The host with a public ip address is
connected to a dsl.

Now I am trying to double the bandwidth bonding two ip modems, and I would
like to do it with cipe.

Now, should I set-up cipe over a kind-of multilink ppp over ip connection? I
guess this way I will end up having a cipe connection over a tcp connection,
and I don't like this.

Should I set-up two cipe connections and set-up a kind-of multilink ppp over
the two cipe connections? This sounds much better but... how?
Doesn't ppp require tcp as it is designed to work over cables and FIFO
connections?

Please bear in mind that I am trying to double the bandwidth between these
two hosts, so a dynamic routing solution is not what I need.

Any suggestion???

Thanks

Rudi