To: Dmitry Basko <dbasko,AT,rainbow,DOT,by>
Subject: Re: CIPE-Win32, device driver for WIN98
From: Damion Wilson <dwilson,AT,ibl,DOT,bm>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:12:28 -0300
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Right on just about everything.

I knew when I wrote the driver that it "should" be portable to Win9x. It just
wasn't high enough on the list of priorities to get going on it. Then
Microsoft finally made it clear that the NT kernel was the way forward...

There is probably more porting work in the service, especially as there are
suspected  timing issues with packet handling in usermode (polling behaviour)
on Win9x.

The NDIS miniport part is reasonably straightforward, however the driver
supports two device types at the same time, the other being the TAP device.
This behaviour is NOT WDM kosher.

If you do the port, please preserve the interface to the FIFO device.

DKW