To: "'Mark Smith'" <mark.smith,AT,avcosystems,DOT,co,DOT,uk>,<cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: CIPE-Win32: communication breakdown
From: "Michael Clarke" <mclarke,AT,timetra,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 11:11:24 +0100

I'm not an expert on the linux implementation, but I don't think that
the ICMP can't fragment messages received as a result of CIPE sending
out an encrypted UDP frame with DF=1 are passed back to the originating
TCP interface.

I am more familiar with the CIPE-Win32 implementation, and that doesn't
appear to copy the DF bit into the outgoing UDP frames and so would need
more work to make TCP PMTU-D work.

Michael.