To: rod_boyce,AT,stratexnet,DOT,com
Subject: Re: howto connect two single eth0 device linux boxes behind ADSL router with NAT
From: "Mary well" <marywell988,AT,hotmail,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:28:39 +0000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Thank you, I've got it working finally, now my idea is to configure each windows client of each LAN to use the CIPE tunnel on the linux box to talk to the other LAN's machines, is it as simple as to add a gateway in the TCP/IP configuration of each windows box?... or should I add a static route in the ADSL router to forward those packets addressed to the other LAN to the linux box, something like:

net 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw 10.0.1.2 (linux ciped box)

Let's thing in one LAN only... by now each client has a default gateway which is the router doing NAT, but I'd like to configure them to walk through the linux box and the cipe tunnel if a request for a remote LAN's machine is made, any idea ???