To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Feature: Using just one port
From: Allan Latham <alatham,AT,flexsys-group,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 20:57:20 +0200

Hi Eric

the plan calls for the remotes to be direct on the internet but there's
always
a risk that someone will want the remote behind a NAT firewall. Most NAT
firewalls seem to keep the original port if it doesn't conflict with existing
connections but of course one can't rely on that!

The only alternative to this scheme I could come up with was to put the
original port in plaintext ahead of the cipe payload in the udp packet. It's
not intended to interwork with "standard" cipe installations so that might be
an easier way. And it's NAT safe!

Thanks for your comments.

Best regards

Allan