To: Mary well <marywell988,AT,hotmail,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: ping not working between clients within ciped LANs
From: Andrew Grimberg <tykeal,AT,bardicgrove,DOT,org>
Date: 17 Jun 2003 14:09:32 -0700
Cc: CIPE List <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

Have you turned on IPV4 forwarding on A & B?

Verify that /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward has a 1 and not 0 in it.

If it doesn't as root echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

If your on a RH machine (I don't know enough about other distros to be
certain) change up /etc/sysctl.conf and make sure that
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1 and not 0 as well (that way it will work across
reboots)

-Andy-