To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Fwd: ping not working between clients within ciped LANs (Solved!)
From: "Mary well" <marywell988,AT,hotmail,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 22:20:08 +0000

It's me, I finally found the solution to my problem so I post it here.

Say that

A: 10.0.0.2, C1: 10.0.0.3
B: 10.0.1.2, C2: 10.0.1.3

cipe link on A: 10.0.3.1
cipe link on B: 10.0.3.2

When I send a icmp request from A to C2, it arrives to C2 through the cipcb0 interface on B, ie., 10.0.3.2 and the forward enabled B box send it to C2, but when C2 sends the icmp reply back to 10.0.3.2, C2 does not have a route entry to direct those packets, so I only had to add a route entry to enroute those packets... not difficult when I found it... my problem now is that I have to enter the same route command to every client in both A and B LANs, and in my case it is not a big deal as there are only few machines, but, can I just add that entry in the default router instead to on each client?, so the default configuration of the clients doesn't need any modification?... I'll try to see if it works...

thank's...