To: "Seth Garnar" <garnar_s,AT,rgworld,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: IPX
From: "Hans Steegers" <J.Steegers,AT,chello,DOT,nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:10:05 +0200
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

You need to be sure that your kernel sources are properly configured for the
kernel you are using.

1. You need the .config file (probably supplied as config-2.4.18-8 or
something)

2. Put it in your /usr/src/linux directory as .config

3. Run a 'make oldconfig' to configure your sources properly.

4. Now recompile CIPE after a 'make distclean' and specify the source tree
(--with-linux=) and include tree (--with-linux-include=) when configuring
CIPE.

5. Remove also the Red-Hat version of cipe (modules probably in
/lib/modules/<version>/kernel/drivers/net/ and the ciped program(s) in
/usr/local/[s?]bin/)

If you got the correct source tree and the correct .config it should work.
Remember cipcb/cipdb are kernelmodules and become part of the kernel, so you
need exactly the same configuration for your module as used to build your
kernel!

Good Luck!

Hans Steegers