To: "Seth Garnar" <garnar_s,AT,rgworld,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: IPX
From: "Hans Steegers" <J.Steegers,AT,chello,DOT,nl>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 21:26:29 +0200
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

Usually, when you install a RH kernel, config-x.y.z-? is also installed in
/boot.
The error messages:
    opendev: bind
is often a configuration error.
If the module loads without other errors, check your options file.

Either the <me> or <peer> address/port is invalid.
If you are testing a tunnel locally one your computer
with both me and peer having the same addres (but different ports)
you get this error when the <lo> interface is down.

Read the documentation carefully and check your log files for messages.

Yes, Red Hat is sometimes difficult because they change a lot in their
kernels.
A sort of "lock in" strategy like M$ft.

But not this time if you didn't get "unresolved" errors!

Check **yourself** FIRST: Relax, think and double check your configuration.

And Yes again, Slackware is more elegant and clean.
But the way you are operating at this moment, it will not solve anything.

For me, besides LFS, the preferred Linux distribution for servers and
routers.

Hans Steegers