To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: cipe with udp forwarding?
From: Daniel Andor <da209,AT,cam,DOT,ac,DOT,uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 21:57:50 +0100

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this list.  I searched the archives, but couldn't find any
explanation.

Short version:
  Could someone please expand on exactly how to set up hosts when one is
NAT-ed?

In the manual it says:
  "...This even works when routerb is plugged behind a firewall and has to
rely on a SOCKS5 server for outside access. (Yes, this can be used to punch
holes into firewalls. No, it's not my intention to do anything about it.
Local policy issues have to be dealt with locally.) "

which is basically what I want to do.  I have a 2-4 situation but no SOCKS5
server, just NAT, and a gateway to which I have access.  Does anybody have
experience with any udp forwarding utilities such as portfwd?  Should I run a
socks5 daemon as a user?

Any help appreciated.