To: "Sean O'Reilly" <s.oreilly,AT,linnovations,DOT,co,DOT,uk>
Subject: Re: Newbie help
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 20:52:29 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Try the following

http://mia.ece.uic.edu/~papers/volans/cipe.html

This document was discussed some time ago on the list. SBNelson kindly posted the following addition:

You can add the following to the ifcfg-cipcbx files

CIPE_OPTS=" maxerr=-1 arg=abc"

to include the maxerr and arg parameters. This way, your options.cipcbx files need only contain the key.

Fil

Sean O'Reilly wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I am a complete newbie to cipe and VPN's so could do with some help if you would be so kind.

I am running RedHat 9 and have installed cipe from the rpm, but having read as much documentation as i can find have to admit to still being a little confused. How do i start cipe at boot ? what is the module called ? etc

Does anyone know of a good step by step guide to setting up cipe preferably written in plain english, that will help a complete novice.

Thank You

Sean O'Reilly

-- Phil Scarratt Draxsen Technologies IT Contractor/Consultant 0403 53 12 71