To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: bug: w2k cipe 2.0pre15 binding problem with rasphone
From: Daniel Andor <da209,AT,cam,DOT,ac,DOT,uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 00:09:49 +0100

Hi Damion + list,

I've been trying to get a cipe connection to work between a windows and linux
box, but the windows box was not sending any packets towards the linux box.

The windows box has an ADSL connection and is running rasphone. It is the
rasphone ip address that I put in the local ip ("me") box in windows.

I eventually discovered that trying to start the service manually resulted in
a binding error.  Trying to start the service, but with the local ip set to
the ethernet card ip address, the service started no problem.

Is there a workaround?  What does it mean when it can't bind?

Also, how can I get the service to appear in the services list? And start
automagically on startup?

Many thanks,
Daniel.