To: Daniel.Andor,AT,physics,DOT,org
Subject: Re: bug: w2k cipe 2.0pre15 binding problem with rasphone
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:49:38 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Not sure about the rasphone thing never having used it before. CIPE needs to be able to bind to an ip address that belongs to one of the interfaces on the local machine. I have successfully created a link between w2k and linux however, the win2k carrier was the internal network and out the router.

I don't remember having to do anything special to get the service in the service list. It is called:

DKW Heavy Industries VPN Adapter. Service

Set it to automatic as per any other service. There may be a problem with this - there was (still is?) a bug(s) where the service would not start properly (due to either the order of services or something) and would cause either BSOD's or very slow startup times. I found it better to set the service to manual and start it from a script (either RUN registry entry or startup folder or something like that).

Fil

Daniel Andor wrote:
Hi Damion + list,

I've been trying to get a cipe connection to work between a windows and linux box, but the windows box was not sending any packets towards the linux box.

The windows box has an ADSL connection and is running rasphone. It is the rasphone ip address that I put in the local ip ("me") box in windows.

I eventually discovered that trying to start the service manually resulted in a binding error. Trying to start the service, but with the local ip set to the ethernet card ip address, the service started no problem.

Is there a workaround? What does it mean when it can't bind?

Also, how can I get the service to appear in the services list? And start automagically on startup?

Many thanks,
Daniel.