To: Daniel.Andor,AT,physics,DOT,org
Subject: Re: concrete udp forwarding question
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 22:47:57 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Maybe I didn't test it for long enough periods of time but all I do on my linux box is allow the appropriate port to be forwarded from internal interface to public interface. Anything that is related or established is allowed back in/forwarded (in the reverse direction). Hence as long as I initiated the CIPE tunnel from within the lan, all was OK. If I get a chance I will test it for longer periods of no activity.

Someone else may be able to clarify but timing out doesn't sound right, although maybe some older routers/nat do show symptoms like that. I would've thought that any CIPE traffic would look like a related or established connection traffic....but then again now I'm prattling on in the dark.

Fil