To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Installing cipe in a different directory
From: "Hans Steegers" <J.Steegers,AT,chello,DOT,nl>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:27:29 +0200

See conf/Makefile-obj.in:
BINDIR:=/usr/local/sbin
MODDIR:=/lib/modules/@KVERS@/misc

The locations are 'hard coded'; however you can modify this file.
KVERS is created in the configure script (search for AC_SUBST(KVERS)).

If you want BINDIR to be configurable, adapt the configure.in
script to define, for example, AC_SUBST(BIN_DIR)
and run:
    autoconf --include=conf
and adapt also conf/Makefile-obj.in:
BINDIR:=@BIN_DIR@

Note that you _must_ install the modules in:
    /lib/modules/@KVERS@/
because that is the location the kernel expects to find them.

The modules are specific to the kernel-version. You cannot
use a module compiled for kernel a for another kernel b.

Why would you want another location? Very obscure indeed!

If you need more information on the configure script, read the
autoconf documentation.

Hans Steegers