To: "'cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de'" <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Cipe Connection Monitor
From: Doug Johnson <doug.johnson,AT,vifanusa,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 11:23:58 -0400

Kind of an easy question here. I was wanting to know what methods people are
using to monitor the connections made to the CIPE server. I know I can see
if the adapters are up by using a ps command or by looking at the cipe.log.
I can use tcpdump to monitor the traffic but that is way too much
information. Does someone have an easy way of knowing who currently active
through the VPN? I am at the point of writing a script that will routinely
check remote connectivity of the clients and then write to screen or file
what users are currently active. Thought I would ask this question before
creating a wheel that has already been created. I am only looking for active
connection information.

Thanks much in advance
Doug