To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: No way
From: Renato Salles <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 11:16:34 -0300 (BRT)

Well, after two days working over the VPN setup, things seems to have
stoped at one point and denied to go further.
I'll try to explain this very common setup for a VPN.
A client running Win2k, accessing a corporate LAN also running Win2k, and
a Linux server with Red Hat 9.0 between then in the office side.
CIPE seems to be constructed in a manner that the VPN must be integrated
between client and gateway, not client-to-client!
The hole think is that i wasn't able to make the udp packets cross the
IPTABLES firewall, no matter what the rulesets changes i've donne. Maybe
my lack of imagination or expertise.
The experience was made also with a guest (someone comming from outside
the office) running Linux, and trying to "talk" to another linux machine
inside the corporate LAN: the result remains the same. No way to make the
udp packets cross in and out the firewall. I tryed almost anything you can
imagine about firewall and cipe i found in the maillist and google, also
the docs from the distro's which "packs" cipe.
And finally, i tryed a udp-proxy, without success.

ANY help wuold be apreciated,

TIA,

RSalles