To: Michael Piko <michael,AT,piko,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Subject: Re: road worriers
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 10:02:08 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

Short answer is no there isn't.

Longer answer is that it is possible:

1. Set the service to manual
2. create a batch file (.cmd) that starts the service (net start "DKW Heavey industries etc etc")
3. Place a shortcut to it on the dekstop or wherever.

I also made some batch files for the Startup Script and Shutdown settings on the CIPE control applet. Startup Script had route commands in it as well as a command to change the name of the shortcut to the batch file above to something like "Disconnect from DestinationX". Shutdown script had the reverse in it - ie renamed shortcut to "Connect to DestinationX". I think I also had a batch file that ran on boot up of the machine to rename the file to "Connect..." just in case it had not been shutdown properly.

Fil

Michael Piko wrote:
Hi,

After much help from the good people here I was able to get my XP machine to
VPN into my RH Linux machine. Thanks.

The question I have is:
Is there a "front end" to the road worrier end (XP) to bring up the
interface on demand rather than ever time the machine starts up?

TIA.

Michael.