To: "Tanat Tonguthaisri" <Tanat,AT,Ayuda,DOT,com,DOT,au>,<cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Key question
From: "Hans Steegers" <J.Steegers,AT,chello,DOT,nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:12:09 +0200

Hi, Tanat

If I comment out the line "key <128bitkey>" in the options file, I get the
message  "ciped-cb[10121]: missing argument: key", which is consistent with
what I can find in the cipe-1.5.4 sources.

I can't find the message "bringing up interface cipcb0: missing required
cipe key in /etc/cipe/options.cipcb0" in the sources, so I assume you are
using the Red Hat (which?) version, and the message must be generated by the
ifup-cipcb script when it can't find a line starting with "key". In that
case the script exits and doesn't bring up the cipe interface, which
explains why there is no "missing argument" error message.

Somehow the ifup-cipcb script finds the "key" line in the options file (it
does a grep  "^key[        ]" in the file /etc/cipe/options.cipcb0) and
ciped does not.

ciped does read the options file (but is it the same file?), but somehow
doesn't recognise the "key" keyword.

However, I am not too familiar nor happy with the "Red Hat scriptology"
(aiming to make things easier, but when things go wrong ending up with a
mess of spaghetti..).

I suggest to bring up cipe manually (as root):
# /usr/sbin/ciped-cb debug -o /etc/cipe/options.cipcb0
and see what happens..
[Specifying the "debug" option will dump all the options.]

May be we get a clue what is wrong.

Hans Steegers.