To: "Renato Salles" <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>,<cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: No way
From: "Michael DeCamp" <Michael.DeCamp,AT,mindspring,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 05:27:18 -0400

I didn't really look at your configuration to check routes, etc., but will
share that there is an incompatibility (bug) in the version of CIPE (1.4.5)
included in Red Hat 7.0 - 9.0 and iptables.  My experience was the same as
yours:  I couldn't get traffic past the Linux server running iptables.  If
you search the archives you may find some more details.  This is supposed
to have been fixed in the current release of CIPE. (1.5.4).

So you have two options:

1)  Get the latest sources for CIPE and rebuild on your Linux server.  The
documentation and other supporting
information for this option are not great.  You may have to rebuild the
kernel as well.

2)  Use ipchains instead of iptables.  This does not have the flexibility
of iptables but does work with CIPE 1.4.5.

Hope this helps...

Michael