To: "'Hans Steegers'" <steegers,AT,steegers,DOT,nl>
Subject: RE: Key question
From: "Tanat Tonguthaisri" <Tanat,AT,Ayuda,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:50:36 +1000
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

Hi Hans,

Thanks again for your advices.

I'm running Red Hat 8, with 2.4.18-14 kernel, and cipe 1.4.5.11 .

I did have an "options" file (though it also contained a valid key) in
/etc/cipe .
Anyway, I removed it and run this command.
Prompt> /usr/sbin/ciped-cb debug -o /etc/cipe/options.cipcb0

The output were:
CIPE daemon vers 1.4.5 (c) Olaf Titz 1996-2000
device=(none)
debug=yes
ipaddr=
ptpaddr=
mtu=0
metric=0
cttl=0
me=
peer=
key=(none)
nokey=no
socks=
tokxc=0
tokey=0
ipup=(none)
ipdown=(none)
arg=(none)
maxerr=8
tokxts=0
ping=0
toping=0
dynip=no
missing argument: peer

The last error looks peculiar.
Here is the content of options.cipcb0 (with an empty last line):
ptpaddr 10.0.1.1
ipaddr  10.0.1.2
me      171.31.22.5:6969
peer    171.31.22.4:6969
key     11112222333344445555666677778888

When I run "ifup cipcb0" from command line, I got these errors:
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
RTNETLINK answers: File exists
RTNETLINK answers: File exists

(Searching Google for them didn't really help much.)

Your thoughts or anyone else's on this would certainly be much
appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Tanat