To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: No Way (partialy) solved
From: Renato Salles <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:15:45 -0300 (BRT)
Cc: philippe.moutarlier,AT,comcast,DOT,net

Well, gentleman, i must agree with the fact that this is not a job for a
newbee. After reading a lot of documents, a reading that i do recomend for
ones who aren't aware about the "hole" picture, is the Advanced Routing
HowTo, essential to be introduced with GRE tunnels and ipip.
Second, keep one eye close to the kernel messages concerning the firewall
setup. Asking everything to my firewall rulesets, almost the hardest part
of the CIPE mystakes are gonne.
The routing part of the problem is pure logic. Setting CIPE route as
default gateway is a bad idea if you need to keep surfing the net.
My linux box nated is being now part of the distant LAN, CIPE is running
here, there (at the gateway) samba are running at both linux servers, and
this box wil be booted up again and become a win2k machine, trrying to
connect to the corporate LAN.
From the Win2k box i'm not arriving to "ping" to the outside CIPE link,
even using the same setup i used for the Linux box. This time i'm not behind
the firewall, but my bet stands at the routing part.

Now i'll try to "translate" the linux routing table manually to the
windows routing dialect.

Thanks for everybody who helped,

Renato Salles