To: Jimmy Cartrette <jimmyc,AT,inttek,DOT,net>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 Server Routing Issues
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 11:36:48 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

A little more info re your setup would be good....specifically which of|2 is the Win2k end? The route command to execute on the Win2k box is :

route add mask LINUX_CIPE_IP

So assuming the following scenario:

the route command on Win2k would be
route add mask

Your win2k route output should then include something like       1       1       1

Fil (suffering the Win experience)

Jimmy Cartrette wrote:

I have a linux box and a windows 2000 box I am trying to get to route. I
have the VPN established, i can ping on either side(currently i have the
ips at, and I can set my routes for the windows2000
network( at the linux box, and I can ping anything on their
network. However, I can't seem to get to set up routes on the 2000 box.

I have tried the route command and also the routing tool in
administrative tools(which doesn't seem to recognize the DKW adaptor as
an interface). WHen I type
route print, I see the interface as 0x2 and it is the DKW Heavy
Industries VPN Adaptor, I see the routes to get to the other side of the network, all seems well. But when I try

route add mask
i get
the route addition failed: the parameter is incorrect

when i try
route add mask -p
i get the same error, but it actually adds the persistent route and it
shows up. HOWEVER, it only shows up, and when i tracert to the network, it goes out the default gateway instead of the
cipe connection.

also, under the other tools, the command line driven and graphical
routing tools under 2000, dont' recognize the interface at all i dont
think. I have loopback, internal, and local connection for the
interfaces. Under the registry, the DKW is the fourth interface, but the
2000 tools only show 3.

Any suggestions? (I hate windows)

-- Phil Scarratt Draxsen Technologies IT Contractor/Consultant 0403 53 12 71