To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Broadcast and CIPE-Win32
From: Olivier Guyotot <Olivier.Guyotot,AT,free,DOT,fr>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:37:49 +0200

arg, excuse me, but my knowledge of network is quite limited :(
What exactly is bridging and how is it related to broadcasts?

If broadcasts do work, does it mean I should be able to play LAN games without further configuration? and if so, then what is wrong in my current setup? (I can ping each peer, play games if I specify the IP address of the server, but cannot "automatically discover created games).

Thank you for your answers.

Damion K. Wilson wrote:

Broadcasts do work, and CIPE-Win32 implements a psuedo Ethernet interface (with faked MAC's), but I don't know what's required for Ethernet bridging. It certainly wasn't in the design criteria :-)

DKW