To: 'Jakob Hirsch' <jh,AT,plonk,DOT,de>, cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: RE: Road warrior configuration with proxy arp -- almost there, but not quite!
From: David Brodbeck <DavidB,AT,mail,DOT,interclean,DOT,com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:26:13 -0400

That's not quite right, but in trying it I figured out the problem.

route add -net 152.160.178.0/24 cipcb0

was correct, *except* that because the cIPe host is also on that network, it
screwed up the routing for cIPe's UDP packets!  If I also add this route:

route add -host 152.160.178.33 ppp0

everything seems to work.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!  It seems obvious now, but I
was having a hard time wrapping my head around how the routing works in this
situation.