To: 'Peter' <p.stam5,AT,chello,DOT,nl>, "'cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de'" <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: RE: Newbie question (Netpilot)
From: Michael Da Cova <mdacova,AT,equiinet,DOT,com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:39:08 +0100

Hi Pete

Hope the below helps if you have a problem let me know

This page describes an example configuration for connecting a PC client running Windows NT, Windows 2000 or Windows XP to a LAN served by a Netpilot VPN, using CIPE.

In this example, the Netpilot's LAN has the address range, and the Netpilot's WAN address is The PC's private VPN address will be

Netpilot settings

CIPE profile:

  • Name: Example profile
  • Shared Secret: <use the randomly generated default, or your own>
  • Remote Gateway: <leave blank>
  • Port: 3001

Static route:

  • Address:
  • Mask:
  • Interface: VPN: Example profile
  • Router: <Leave Blank>

Windows CIPE settings

LAN IP settings:

  • Local IP: Port 3001
  • Peer IP: Port 3001

PTP IP settings:

  • Local PTP address: (Configurable on the network screen)
  • Peer PTP Address:

Key settings:

  • Static Key: <Same as the Netpilot's "Shared Secret">
  • Cipher: Blowfish

Startup script:

  • route add mask

  • route delete