To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Redhat9 CIPE
From: "Naoki" <i_naoki,AT,mbf,DOT,nifty,DOT,com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 00:38:00 +0900

By the way,

 Are there any ways to see NetBIOS name without wins server ?

 Though I knew the necessity of wins server standardly, I expect
that I can see NetBIOS name without wins server.

 I guess, if iptables accepts port 137:139 for CIPE, I can see it.

 How is my guess ?

In this situation, I must build a Firewall system with VPN for business.
If I build Samba into this system, security will not be good. Besides,
there are not any other PC which can build Samba any longer.
(And, if ClientPC is not on LAN(Ex.dial-up), there is not wins server.)

Though I tryed to use lmhosts in WindowsPC on LAN2, I could not
see the another side NetBIOS name on LAN1 directly.
 After search this NetBIOS name, I could find it.

 Anyway, I really worry now. Since CIPE is faster than IPsec and is
useful for NAT, I'd like to use CIPE very much.