To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: Redhat9 CIPE
From: "Naoki" <i_naoki,AT,mbf,DOT,nifty,DOT,com>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 23:44:13 +0900
Cc: "Renato Salles" <rsalles,AT,rsnetservices,DOT,com,DOT,br>,<DavidB,AT,mail,DOT,interclean,DOT,com>,<russ,AT,berrex,DOT,com>,"Les Mikesell" <les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com>

Dear all,

 At first, I must say Thank you very much for your help from Europe.
 I really appreciate your all advices. I'm so glad to get
a lot of responses from Europe.

 I have tryed to add Samba into my firewall from last Frideay.

 From your great advices, I could understand some reasons.

1) Cipe can send 137:139 udp packets.
     But standardly, Broadcast packets cannot be FORWARDed to eth0.
     (Even if I set iptables policy to all accept. (I have already tested
it))

2) It is necessary to add wins server (PDC).
    (To share NetBios name between local subnet to remote subnet)

 I could understand these  the most important reasons.

 In this weekend test, I had not solve this problem yet.
 Even if I added wins server, I could not find the way to send NetBIOS
packets(broadcast packets) through cipcb0.

 In frankly, I don't want to add Samba in firewall as possible.
And then, I cannot make my customers add any wins servers in
the another their PC on their LAN.

 I would like to solve it step by step. If you have more advices,
Please let me know.

Sincerely yours,