To: Chuck Hare <charles.hare,AT,logicacmg,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: CIPE behind Linksys routers...
From: Les Mikesell <les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com>
Date: 02 Aug 2003 10:32:26 -0500
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 05:29, Chuck Hare wrote:
> Has anyone put Lunix cipe boxes behind linksys routers before?
> Is this as simple a poking a UDP hole thru the router and pointing it
> to the cipe?
> Any input here would be much appreciated. I am in planning stages of
> an implementation.

Yes, I have one working like that at home. Depending on what you
want exposed on the linux box you can either use the per-port
forwarding on the router for a limited number of ports or the
'dmz host' feature that passes all inbound traffic to one
specified machine.  I'm not routing for anything else on the
internal LAN in this case but that would work too if I changed
the other machines to use the linux box as the default router
instead of the linksys and added a route to the LAN on the other
end of the Elem tunnel.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les,AT,futuresource,DOT,com