To: CIPE <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Setting up CIPE on XP
From: James Knott <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:45:46 -0400

I'm trying to configure CIPE on XP. While the drivers installed OK (despite not being "registered" with Bill Gates), I'm not sure about part of the configureation. In Linux, a host route was configured, with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.255. However, I can't set up such a mask or host route in XP. Any idea about how I might do that?

Also, on the Linux side, I am able to specify the host name for my home computer, instead of a specific IP address. This avoids problems with dhcp. However, the CIPE control panel appears to accept only an IP address. Is there any way around this?

3rd, once everything is configured correctly, how is the VPN started?

My plan is to have my notebook connect to my home network. This already works when I boot into Linux, but now I'd like to get the XP side working too.

tnx jk