To: Michael Piko <michael,AT,piko,DOT,com,DOT,au>
Subject: Re: road worriers
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 20:45:05 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

I think setting to 0.0.0.0 will do what you want...

Michael Piko wrote:
Thanks for that. It works well.

Is there a way to update the control panel applet automatically with the ip
address of the road worrier (XP) when on the road, for example, when
connecting from an outside network? -or do you have to manually change it
each time?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Scarratt" <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com> To: "Michael Piko" <michael,AT,piko,DOT,com,DOT,au> Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de> Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:02 AM Subject: Re: road worriers

Short answer is no there isn't.

Longer answer is that it is possible:

1. Set the service to manual
2. create a batch file (.cmd) that starts the service (net start "DKW
Heavey industries etc etc")
3. Place a shortcut to it on the dekstop or wherever.

I also made some batch files for the Startup Script and Shutdown
settings on the CIPE control applet. Startup Script had route commands
in it as well as a command to change the name of the shortcut to the
batch file above to something like "Disconnect from DestinationX".
Shutdown script had the reverse in it - ie renamed shortcut to "Connect
to DestinationX". I think I also had a batch file that ran on boot up of
the machine to rename the file to "Connect..." just in case it had not
been shutdown properly.

Fil

Michael Piko wrote:

Hi,

After much help from the good people here I was able to get my XP

machine to

VPN into my RH Linux machine. Thanks.

The question I have is:
Is there a "front end" to the road worrier end (XP) to bring up the
interface on demand rather than ever time the machine starts up?

TIA.

Michael.

-- Message sent by the cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de mailing list. Unsubscribe: mail majordomo,AT,inka,DOT,de, "unsubscribe cipe-l" in body Other commands available with "help" in body to the same address. CIPE info and list archive:

-- Phil Scarratt Draxsen Technologies IT Contractor/Consultant 0403 53 12 71