To: herve.fache,AT,philips,DOT,com
Subject: Re: Newbie questions, trying to use pkcipe
From: Jon Bendtsen <jon+cipe,AT,silicide,DOT,dk>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 10:43:18 +0200
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

herve.fache,AT,philips,DOT,com wrote:
i have the same problem. You set it up so that it autocloses after a
number of errors, and make it ping often. But thats still not good
enough.

Where do you set that? Ciped's options? Does that mean my server needs to
answer ping?
Having said that, only the server needs the auto-disconnect thingy, as the
client is in front of me!

i tried both in the file in pk, and i tried as a command line option for pkcipe in inetd. Neither seems to work good enough, but maybe thats just because i didnt make it strong enough.
It's not a real ping, it's just something in the cipcbX

I have the trouble that sometimes the users create 2 cipcbX's
with the same ip and then nothing works. :(

It would be _so_ nice if pkcipe could deal with ipaddr and ptpaddr as well! We'd just have to exchange the public keys then.

yeah, that would be great. But i want both options.

JonB