To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: compiling CIPE on redhat 6.1...Help
From: Chuck Hare <chuck_hare,AT,yahoo,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:12:20 -0700 (PDT)

Christoph and Artem et al,
WOW!
Its amazing what new knowledge can do. And also how dangerous alittle
knowledge
is. Christoph, you were right. I unpacked the tarball with Windows Winzip.
That
screwed things up from the beginning. Nothing was right. Artem and Christoph,
still dont know where the "configure" file went. But I deleted everything and
ftp the tarball over to server. Did a tar -xzf and everything went great after
that. Configure worked, make worked, and make install worked. Outstanding! I
have now completed my first COMPILE! I'm so proud (tears welling up in eye's).
I cant thank you guys enough. You have saved me countless hours of
frustration.
Now on to my next trick, actually getting CIPE running. I am sure I will be
back to the well for more knowledge later on, but for now, I am a very happy
camper. Thank you guys again.
--chuck