To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Compliling Cipe for Debian 3.0r1
From: Andreas Stagl <a.stagl,AT,gmx,DOT,at>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 18:43:02 +0200

Hi there,

maybe, I should mention, that I'm a Linux newbie, but I like it and therefore I want to move more and more things within our network to Linux.... meanwhile, I'm able to install packages using apt-get and to configure them after reading the relevant manuals, of course. But until now, I never had to compile something.

I already made some tests with cipe for win32 and they convinced me to switch from our microsoft vpn solution to this cipe thing.

My first experiences with cipe on Debain were, that there is no cipe package in the current stable branch of Debian... therefore I tried to directly install "cipe-common" from the testing branch using "apt-get install cipe-common". But when I tried to start "ciped", I got the message that this package is not compatible to my kernel (I'm running the 2.4.18-bf2.4 Kernel).

So it seems that I really have to compile it by myself... but how do i do this? Can anyone here explain me, what to do... or even a compiling-HowTo might be helpful!

Many thx in advance & best regards,

Andy