To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: cipe/router
From: "David A. Osborn" <david.osborn,AT,mchsi,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:42:53 -0500

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction with this..........

I have a LAN of windows computer that are connected to the Internet through a computer running Redhat 9 acting as a router using NAT.  I am trying to connect an external Redhat 9 computer into the LAN using a CIPE VPN connection to the router. At one point I actually had the VPN connection between the external computer and the router working, but could not ping the internal network from the external computer.  After messing with my iptables thinking that was the reason I couldn't get to the internal network, I managed lose the ability to connect the external computer to the router through the VPN.  Does anyone know of a comprehensive tutorial for doing the about scenario? I hate to waste everyone's time with questions if there is a tutorial I can be pointed to.

Thanks.