To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: cipe/router
From: "David A. Osborn" <david.osborn,AT,mchsi,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 20:04:00 -0500

Thanks for the quick reply.  Currently the two CIPE machines can't even ping
each other.  This problem just started today.  If I do a UDP port scan of
either system running CIPE should the CIPE port show up?  Currently I have
everything set to use port 7777 but an nmap scan (-sU option)  doesn't
reveal this port.  I tried this both with iptables started and stopped.
Like I said earlier I was able to ping between the CIPE connection today,
but I made some changes to the iptables and did a restart and now can't.
The connection doesn't work with iptables stopped though so I am assuming
that that is not the problem.