To: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>
Subject: Re: cipe/router
From: "David A. Osborn" <david.osborn,AT,mchsi,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 21:15:02 -0500

Slight correction to my previous posting as I forgot that nmap only scans
the first 1000 ports by default.  If I do the following command (on the
router) with my iptables started on the router "nmap -sU -p 7777 127.0.0.1"
I get that 7777 is open.  If I scan my router from a different machine with
the router iptabes started i.e. "nmap -sU -p 7777 my_router_ip"  I get the
port is closed.  This lead me to believe that my iptables were to blame, so
I stopped my iptables on the router issued the same two commands from as
before from each machine and the same responses occurred.  Anyone have any
ideas?