To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Choose UDP port, using pkcipe
From: herve.fache,AT,philips,DOT,com
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 18:21:29 +0100

This is perfect. I have modified the patch not to modify the paths, so here
is my version in case anybody is interested.

Thanks again,

(See attached file: cipe-1.5.4-patch-me.bz2)

My standard method of installing CIPE is to apply the attached patch. It
changes some pathnames to suit my local configuration, but notably it will
allow you to specify a "me" parameter in the ...etc/pk/blahblah file.

What actually happens is that we try the particular port that's
specified, (e.g.: "me") and if we fail to bind to that port
then we try the next few ports until we find one that's free, just in case
a previous cipe process is in the process of timing out.

I remember that the basic guts of the patch I grabbed from the development
version of CIPE, available from cvs.