To: "James Knott" <james.knott,AT,rogers,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Slow file sharing performance
From: "Hans Steegers" <hsx,AT,dds,DOT,nl>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 15:04:50 +0200
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

1. Suspect your firewall(s) dropping ICMP or other (SMB/NFS) protocol
related packets. Try it without the firewalls, to be sure.
2. Set on both sides cttl in your options file: cttl 64
Encryption doesn't require a fast CPU: a 486 is sufficient for a
ADSL/CABLE/DIALUP connection.
3. Or (maybe) you have got a MTU problem: search the CIPE archives for more
info.

I hope this helps..

Hans Steegers