To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: Re: Win2k and CIPE
From: Sven Bröckling <sven,AT,broeckling,DOT,de>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 01:34:06 +0200

Hi David,

1) How do you add a route to Win2K permanently? When ever I restart I lose my route configuration.
I configured cipe for some dialup connections on notebooks (Win2k, WinXP), and i wrote two .bat files "startvpn" "stopvpn" linked on the desktop. I don't have them here now, but they're like this :

cipsrvr start
route add 1.2.3.4 mask 255.255.255.0 4.3.2.1

Maybe you want put anything similar to your startup folder. Or theres a better way to do it..

2) The only way I can get the CIPE connection to work is to run "cipsrvr console", It will give me some messages, Decryption CRC Failed being that main one that concerns me, then it will let me ping thru the CIPE connection as long as I have that console window up.
For me it works in both ways, start and console. I prefer the console method to terminate the tunnel with ctrl-c, but i think my users don't like that. I didn't get any failure messages, but my cipe experience is not too much..

Also on startup the preparing network connections message box is extremely slow (like 3 to 4 minutes), which I am assuming has something to do with the link not getting setup correctly.
I noticed the same, but about 30 sec., and not 4 Minutes..

Regards from Westfalia/Germany
  Sven