To: "David A. Osborn" <david.osborn,AT,mchsi,DOT,com>
Subject: Re: Win2k and CIPE
From: Phil Scarratt <fil,AT,draxsen,DOT,com>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 11:30:48 +1000
Cc: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de

David A. Osborn wrote:

Well I was finally about to get a Linux to Linux CIPE connection working so now I'm working on a Win2K to Linux CIPE connection, but I'm coming up with some issues.....
1) How do you add a route to Win2K permanently? When ever I restart I lose my route configuration.
Add a persistant route to windows:
route -p add ......
Adding the route command to the Startup script on the CIPE Settigns control panel applete will also do the trick.
2) The only way I can get the CIPE connection to work is to run "cipsrvr console", It will give me some messages, Decryption CRC Failed being that main one that concerns me, then it will let me ping thru the CIPE connection as long as I have that console window up.
Also on startup the preparing network connections message box is extremely slow (like 3 to 4 minutes), which I am assuming has something to do with the link not getting setup correctly.
Sounds like there is a configuration problem. Check the static key - is it identical to the other end - retype it (not copy/paste) as quite often invisible characters get in the way. You should be able to start and stop the CIPE connection by starting and stopping the service. Without more info it's hard to help....
--
Phil Scarratt
Draxsen Technologies