To: cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de
Subject: cipe kills our wireless link
From: Dragan Matic <gekko,AT,eunet,DOT,yu>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:01:53 +0200

We have a wireless internet link and one of our big customers use cipe to approach our network. The problem is that at random - especially after transfering large amount of data (few hundred megabytes through smb access), and only when cipe adapter is active - wireless link just dies. It cannot ping the access point, and the computer that it is in - the router (IBM pIII 450/128mb) - slows down. Running ethereal shows there is traffic going on on UDP port 7771 (the port cipcb0 is on), and that goes on even after shutting down cipcb0! If I kill eth1 (wireless card connected to internet) and bring it up again, everything goes back to normal. I really do not understand how can I still have traffic on port 7771 when cipe adapter is down. And the problem is really difficult to reproduce because it happens at random. Any suggestions? Tnx in advance.

Dragan