To: "Dragan Matic" <gekko,AT,eunet,DOT,yu>
Subject: Re: cipe kills our wireless link
From: "Hans Steegers" <hsx,AT,dds,DOT,nl>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 15:59:35 +0200
Cc: <cipe-l,AT,inka,DOT,de>

I doubt CIPE is causing this. To me it looks more like a driver problem of
the wireless adapter. The traffic you see is possibly traffic from the
remote accross the link. Looks like the link is not completely dead.
Or for the paranoid: maybe another wireless is spying or trying to take over
your tunnel! Call the feds!

For the customer you could implement something to recover automatically if
the link is down: run a script to down en up eth0 and the link is restored,
so the customer is happy and you can investigate this further.

Run CIPE in debug mode or run a debug version of CIPE and examine the logs
for clues.
Do the same for the Wireless adapter if possible. Check the mailing list as
well if one exists.

If you want help, you need to provide more precise information and not start
to  blame CIPE without solid evidence.

Hans Steegers